Monday, May 14, 2012

This Week's Coupon Haul

Hi everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful and relaxing Mother's Day weekend.  It was my weekend to work, so I was really missing the kids.  They showered me with gifts when I got home--the homemade kind that always bring tears to my eyes and cherish forever.  This morning, however, after getting them off to school I enjoyed a belated Mother's Day morning of sitting around in my jammies with my pug, catching up on Pioneer Woman and Sister Wives, and clipping coupons to my heart's content!  (I even had a splash of Bailey's in my coffee too!)  It was a bit rainy out, so it was a perfect day for it.  After finally forcing myself to shower and get ready, I hit the sales in full force.  Here's my haul for this week.


CVS



Total before sale price and coupons:                                  $36.21    
Total after sales, coupons, and $7 ECBs from last week:    $12.10
ECBs left for next week:                                                    $10.00
Amount saved:                                                                  $24.11
Savings:                                                                             66%


Food Lion



Food Lion has their Pepsi 12-packs on sale this week. Buy 4 for $12. There are coupons here for $1 off, making them $2 each!  The steaks were a weekend sale (I actually stopped and got them last night).  They were $5.77 per pound, and then a got $4 in coupons from the kiosk at the front of the store. So, 8 huge T-bones for $36!  

Total before sales and coupons:                     $112.75
Total after sales and coupons:                         $59.61
Total amount saved:                                       $53.14
Percent saved:                                                 47%


Kroger





Kroger is having one of their mega sales this week. If you buy 10 participating items, you get $4 off at checkout.  Combine this with coupons, and many items are ultra cheap or even free!  I got the Kroger mailer the other day that had $5 off $35 in it, as well as other great coupons.  Made for a really good sale day.  The stressful thing about Kroger is keeping all those groups of 10 items straight. A friend told me that she brings those canvas grocery totes in with her, and sets them up in her cart, then puts 10 items and the corresponding coupons in each bag.  Smart girl!  I did this today, and it worked out great!  

Total before sales and coupons:               $147.33
Total after sales and coupons:                  $61.82
Total savings:                                           $85.51
Percent savings:                                        58%



Grand total before sales and coupons:            $296.29
Total after sales and coupons:                         $133.53
Total savings:                                                    $162.76
Percent savings:                                                    55%

Not the best week by far, but pretty good!  I get my lists from Southern Savers.  Jenny is the best!  Happy couponing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!