Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Weight Loss Journey (Part I)

Ok, so I totally cannot believe I'm doing this, but here goes.  I am going to put myself out there, so bear with me!  I have made the decision to lose weight.  Just like a lot of people, I have made this decision many times.  And then, I see a piece of cake and it's all over.  Sound familiar?  So this time I am trying a completely new approach.  I thought if I make my weight loss journey public, maybe I'll succeed.  Kinda like getting weighed in a Weight Watchers every week, right? (Believe me, I've tried that too!) 



So how am I planning on losing this weight? I mean, it's nice to have a plan, right? Recently, a friend posted something on Facebook that caught my eye.  It's called "Body by Vi".  Now, let me just make very clear that I am in no way trying to promote this product.  I just read about it, and it sounded like something that might work for me.  You've heard the deal before: a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a healthy dinner.  Sounds Slim-fast-ish, right?  But, after reading more about it, it sounded really healthy.  It also sounded like a system that would fit easily into my daily life.  Since I'm home during the day while the kids are at school, I had gotten into a bad dietary habit of skipping breakfast, eating a late (and not particularly healthy) lunch, and then pigging out at dinner only to follow with whatever sweets happened to be lurking in my kitchen.   I'm a nurse, so I know that's not smart.  But, I always just seemed to busy doing stuff that I didn't have time during the day to do a little better.  I'm not saying this shake thing is the right way for everyone, but I'm going to try and see if it works for me!  And of course I know I'll need to exercise too!


I am doing their 90 day challenge, so I'd like to see what I can lose by Valentine's Day.  This morning I made my first shake.  The way this system works is that you can make 100s of different shakes by adding ingredients to the mix.  I tried the chocolate banana. I have to say, it was delicious and made a huge, filling shake! 

So, my weight loss journey has officially begun.  And what better time of year that right before the holidays, right?  I know, what was I thinking?  That my jeans were tight, and I hated all my pictures! That's what I was thinking!  Speaking of pictures, I'm gonna go a step further and put a BEFORE pic on here for you.  I HATE this picture!  I cannot believe I'm putting this one here, because it is the absolute worst fat girl pic of me ever!  But here goes:



Yuck!  And this is with Spanx on!!!  So how much weight would I like to lose?  Well, I'm not going to go as far as to put my weight on here.  I know, I'm sorry.  But, a girl's gotta have some secrets, right?  I will say that I don't expect or want to be super skinny.  I'd just like to be 130something.  I don't care if it's 139.  I just want to get to, and maintain 130something.  And not ever go back over 140 again!  After all, I do like to eat!  I haven't weighed this since before I got pregnant with my oldest child, who is now almost 10. 


So, here goes.  I plan to post weekly about my weight loss journey.  Wish me luck! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!