Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Adorable Tissue Paper Pom Poms

I’ve been eyeing these cuties out in Blogland for a while. I first saw them on the Martha Stewart website. She gives a lovely tutorial on how to make them. They are a simple and inexpensive way to add some visual impact to parties as well as children’s spaces. You might even find that you already have all the supplies you need on hand. If not, you can pick them up at your local dollar store for next to nothing. Here’s some Pinterest-worthy inspiration for you.
  

Martha Stewart Crafts

 

Caribbean Catering


We just finished rearranging my daughter’s room and adding a few changes here and there. I used this opportunity to try out a few pom poms for an added touch in her reading corner. Since her colors are pink and turquoise, we found tissue paper in coordinating colors.







Turns out, they were super simple to make. I spent $6 on tissue paper, and used some floral wire, clear fishing line, and white thumbtacks I had on hand to suspend them from the ceiling. They seriously took all of 5 minutes to make each one. What do you think?


I'm linking up to these awesome parties:

Weekend Bloggy Reading


The Shabby Nest
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!