Friday, July 29, 2011

Some Goodwill Finds turned Beachy Family Room Vignette


All summer, I've been wanted to change it up a bit in the family room.  I love just switching out a few pieces to reflect the season. However, we've been busy with camp and our river staycation, and basically just wanting to spend time with the kids while they are home. But recently I was able to squeeze in a Goodwill trip, and just happened to find a few items I thought I could use to create the beachy feel I had in mind.

So, here's what I started with.




I know the owl is not beachy, but you can't feel like a true blogger if you don't have at least one white owl in your house, right?

So, after some priming and little spray paint, this is what I ended up with.




I so wish I could remember where I got this printable, but I can't find it anywhere. Clearly, it's something I found before I discovered Pinterest, or I would have it's exact location saved! If you happen to be reading this, and want credit for your cute little printable, please speak up!



I found the starfish at Ben Franklin, and the sea oats from Michael's. (That's what my husband has informed me that those wispy branch thingys are, because apparently they block his view of the T.V.) Men, right?




I'd been eyeing these lanterns for a while in Ben Franklin, but didn't want to pay $20-$25 a piece for them. When I stopped by there to search for my starfish, they were having a sidewalk sale. And, there under one of the tables, were these two lanterns for $3 a piece!  I have HUGE plans for these babies. I'm thinking cranberries at Christmas, gourds in the Fall, eggs in the Spring. You get the picture, right? Ok, so for right now, I added a few shells we had from a trip to the Outer Banks, as well as the starfish. 



I also found this cool basket at Goodwill as well.  Great for holding all kinds of goodies.




I just love how the little owl turned out. Isn't he cute?


I hope everyone's having a wonderful week!


I'm linking up to these awesome parties:




Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

Weekend Bloggy Reading




The Shabby Nest
UndertheTableandDreaming
”Photobucket”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!