Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Before & After House Pics w/ new Shutters & Red Door {& a Little Exterior Vinyl Project}

Update: The mailbox vinyl, door knocker, and rocking chair embellishments are now available for purchase in my Etsy Shop.  Just go here: 
https://www.etsy.com/your/listings


Happy belated 4th to everyone!  We had a pretty good thunderstorm here last night, but luckily, it cleared up long enough for us to squeeze in a little fireworks action! 

In other news, our black shutters finally arrived!  We had them hung while we were on vacation, so I actually had to wait a few days until we got back to see them, and get that front door painted.  I can assure you, the suspense was killing me!  Our old shutters were badly faded.  Happily, they were under warranty, and so we were able to replace them free!  We even got to choose another color if we wanted, which I was thrilled about since we didn't get to choose our original color.  I decided to go with black, as it feels like a classic look to me.  My biggest decision was whether or not to paint the front door red, like I have always wanted.  After going back and forth for a while, I decided to go for it.  After all, it's just paint, right?

So, here is the before picture.  Pretty blah, right?




Check out those ugly faded shutters. Yuck!




And my 4th of July banners and flag didn't really seem to stand out. {Yawn}



And now for the after picture:


And my new red front door:














I picked up the numbers and door knocker at Lowe's.  And then added a little personalization to the knocker, using some white vinyl cut with the Cricut.




I browsed Ben Franklin for a new wreath, but didn't like any of the ones I saw.  So, I grabbed some flowers, a couple of faux artichokes I liked, and this great houndstooth ribbon.  I ripped everything off my old wreath, and added all the new stuff.




And then I got a little carried away.  That's what my 7-yr-old daughter actually said to me as I was doing all of this.  She said, "Aren't you getting a little carried away with the porch, Mom?"  Kids are so stinkin' cute right?

I like the look of the vinyl so much that I thought I'd add some to the rockers as well.









Oh, and the mailbox too.










I guess maybe I did get a little carried away.  But, just wait until you see what I have planned with black vinyl on the garage door!

I hope everyone's having a great week.  I'm linkin' up to these awesome parties:


























Visit thecsiproject.com
Furniture Feature Fridays












Stuff and Nonsense


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Shabby Nest
Weekend Bloggy Reading



















Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!
UndertheTableandDreaming

28 comments:

  1. Love your numbers on the door - and your vinyl project! Just what my front porch needs!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overboard, schmoverboard! I *love* it!! The black really pops, and I love the red door. Fabulous wreath and fantastic customizing on the rocker and mailbox!! love, love, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new shutters look great. Love your door too! The vinyl looks terrific. esp on that Rocker! I am your newest follower from Miss Mustard Seed's Linky. Hope you can visit me sometime soon @ http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2011/07/time-gone-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black, the numbers, and all the vinyl! Way to go on such a great transformation!I'm stopping by as the guest judge for the CSI project :)
    happy crafting!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Which Cricut Cartridges did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the vinyl you used on the rocking chairs. SO cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new shutters and door! The wreath is just PERFECT! You did an awesome job on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a doll house! Well done, I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a difference...i absolutely love the black shutters with that pop of red on the front door...thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your house has so much curb appeal now! LOVE the vinyl on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow you went the whole hog! and why not? it looks fabulous, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! It looks super! I have been wanting to paint our front door but have yet to decide on a color. I am loving your red! The vinyl touches are sweet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovin' all the vinyl projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off, I LOVE your house. Second, I LOVE your red door, and third I LOVE your new vinyl! Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your red door is lovely and all the decorations yo've put on it. Great job with the shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on making the top ten over at CSI. What a change the new shutters, door, and vinyl cutouts make to your home. It looks beautiful. You should keep on getting carried away!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red front door! Before and afters are my favorites. I'd love it if you'd link up to my Home and Family Friday linky party.

    Becca

    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks wonderful! I love what you did to the rocking chair!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I totally love it all from the black numbers on the red front door to the awesome ribbon on the wreath. Well done! I found your link at Sunday Showcase and am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks wonderful! I love your red door and your recycled wreath looks wonderful! Love your rocker too! You'v done a great job.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it!!!
    I love the red door, too! I've been contemplating painting my door red, too.... you may have just made up my mind for me :) Your house is similar in style to mine. Check out my blog for a look :)
    http://kimberscraftday.blogspot.com/
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful decorating projects!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks amazing!!! Love all the details! We switched out our faded shutters a while back and it makes SUCH a difference! Love this makeover!!! You should be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love everything! It looks amazing! I found your blog through a link party and LOVE it! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE the red door! I would love a Silhouette so I could cut vinyl whenever I want *sigh! I love all the cute touches - the mailbox and the rocking chair especially.
    Well done!!
    Clair
    http://clairscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have a red door too and I absolutely love it! It's so cute how you essentially gave your house its own brand with those stencils:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. that is the perfect shade of red! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love everything you did!! It looks amazing!! I really wish I had a silhouette!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!