Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beach Themed Cupcakes for the End of the Schoolyear

Yay, it's finally here! I know a lot of folks across the country got out of school weeks ago, but ours just let out today! I really wish they would let out earlier. It feels like by the time they get out, June is about over.  I made some cupcakes for my kids' classes this week that I thought I'd share.  I can't take credit, though. I got the idea from Family Fun. If you haven't heard of them or visited their site before, they have some great ideas for recipes and activities to do with your kids.




Can you see the little bear just hanging out on his blanket? I just love it!  For the blankets, I used these:




I don't know if you can see them or not, but I found tie-dye cupcake papers on the dollar aisle at Target.  I used Wilton colorings to color buttercream icing.  For a helpful video of using their colorings, go here.


I have to say, though, that I cringed putting brown sugar on top of the cupcakes.  As if cupcakes alone aren't sugary enough!


I hope everyone is having a great week!

I'm linking up to these great parties:





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Shabby Nest


Weekend Bloggy Reading

6 comments:

  1. These cupcakes look both fun and tasty! They reminded me of some of the treats from Jane Brockett (author: The Gentle Art of Domesticity), which are always whimsical and colorful. Hope you enjoy the start of your summer with your family!

    Warmly,
    Stephanie from Deviantly Domesticated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! What a great idea. :)

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love that you added blue icing for water. I made these last year for a pool party and used graham cracker crumbs for the sand:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute ad clever. I'm enjoying looking around your blog. You have so many terrific ideas! Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are sooooo cute!!! Love the little bitty beach blankets. :)

    Thanks for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!