Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week Gifts

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week, so I thought I'd share what we made for our awesome teachers!  While at Target, I saw these cute little coordinating clipboards and pencils on their dollar aisle.


Pretty cute just as they are. But, we're gonna make 'em cuter!  So, I picked up a couple of these clear glass candle holders at the dollar store.  And, added a little ribbon I already had.


Then, using SCAL, I designed a little monogram to cut out of vinyl.


And cut it out on my Cricut using black vinyl:




Then, picked out all the little filled-in letters with my handy little Cricut tool.



Next, using some clear contact paper, I transferred the image to my glass.



Easy peasy!

Then I cut out another mongram using white vinyl for the little clipboard.



Then wrapped it all up and put it together. I also made a card with the using the Cricut markers in black.







The blue set is for my son's teacher. I also made a pink one for my daughter's teacher.





These were quick and easy to make, and only cost $3 per set, as I already had the vinyl, ribbon, and cellophane bags!

Our teachers are awesome.  They work so hard all year, and deserve a special week!  What are you giving your teachers this week?  Are you a teacher?  What is your favorite teacher week gift?


I'm linkin' up to these awesome parties:




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating








Weekend Bloggy Reading


Bubbly Nature


7 comments:

  1. This is great!! Would love for you to link some of your projects to my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party sometimes. :)

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/05/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party.html

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this project! I'm a teacher and would LOVE to get this! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these!! So cute! I saw you on Tatertots & Jello's Weekend Wrap-up : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are seriously adorable! I love the {} around the letter! I've been thinking about getting SCAL but I didn't know if it was worth the money...it looks like it is from what you created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo cute! Love the personal touch you added to them! I recycled some old baby formula cans & made planters out of them for my son's teachers! Stop by & check it out if you want...

    http://loveoffamilyandhome.blogspot.com/2011/04/cute-easy-teacher-appreciation-gifts.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute idea! I've been blog stalking you for a while now and know that this isn't the only cute idea you have. I'm new the the blogging world but check me out at http://www.laundrywillwait.blogspot.com/

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute! Great thinking!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!