Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How to Make Ruffles the Easy Way



I don't know about you guys, but I love me some ruffles!



Caribe Ruffle Bottom Bloomers
Three Yellow Starfish



No. 1081 Amy Butler Daisy Chain Ruffly Handbag
Pretty in Pink 320



Kevin & Amanda

Pink Shabby Chic Ruffle Wrap and Rosette Headband - Great Photo Prop-
Oops I Knit it Again

Trouble is, the last time I tried to ruffle something, it ended in broken thread, wasted expensive fabric, tears shed, and a strong desire to throw a sewing machine out the window!

But, this morning while browsing the blogs, I stumbled upon a tutorial for making ruffles using.......you won't believe this.....



Yeah, you read that correctly.  A super easy peasy way of making ruffles using nothing but dental floss and a zig zag stitch!  Dental floss is strong, so it doesn't break. And, not to mention, it's cheap!

Run on over and check out Lynette's great tutorial on how to do this at My Craft Discovery.

I am so gonna try this!  Has anyone else out there tried this before?  If so, let me know how it turned out!

Hope everyone's having a great week.  Happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome! Great findings amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wearing that exact same out fit today! What a coincidence! :) Great finds and features. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!