Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I have a decorating secret to tell you! (You won't believe this!)

I'm not sure you're ready for this.  {I wasn't.}

So, you see all those awesome reupholstered projects out there but know it's just not something you are capable of tackling on your own?

Don't worry, me too!

Are you also thinking there is no way you can afford to have someone do it for you?

Don't worry, me too!

Wanna know where you can go to have it done for these prices?

Club chair    $25
Love seat     $35
Sofa              $50

Yes, I am serious.

So, no judging, ok?

I just can't put it off any longer, so here it is:

The Prison does reupholstery!!!

No, it's not just a silly name for a design store, like "The Dump."  I mean, for real prison, as in convicts and stuff.  You know, robbers and bad guys.

Head over to Richmond Thrifter to see how she got this gorgeous piece done by those bad boys.



Yes, seriously.

Here's the info for our local prison if you are interested.  I am thinking this probably happens in other areas too, so it's definitely worth checking out.


Haynesville Correctional Center
421 Barnfield Road
P. O. Box 129
Haynesville, VA 22472
804-333-3577



There is one catch. You have to have someone who works for the state set it up.  But guess what?  Teachers count!  We pretty much all know a teacher, right?  I know a bunch!  Let me know if this works out for anyone.  I'm on the hunt for a thrifty piece to get reupholstered! 

Happy thrifting!







4 comments:

  1. WOW! I think our prison here does Steel sculptures. Would be interesting if they also did reupholstering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is crazy! I think if I told my hubby I had to take my new chair to the prison to be reupholstered he would fall off his chair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is unbelievable!! I should check here and see if they do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!