Monday, March 14, 2011

Heirloom White Thrift Store Candlesticks

This project was so simple I almost forgot to post about it. I found these candlesticks at the thrift store, and immediately thought "heirloom white". 







Don't you wonder where things originally came from?  Or, when in the world this color scheme would have been in style?

So, I gave them a couple of coats of Heirloom White by Rustoleum.




(While I was also painting the canisters from my pantry redo.)


Then, I added some twine I already had to each one!  (I found the shorter candlestick during the same thrift store trip, and it didn't even require painting!)






I just love them next to my Ballard knock-off mirrors.






Hope everyone's having a great week!



I'm linkin' up to these awesome parties:










HOG



3 comments:

  1. Most people that walk into your house will never know how ugly they were originally! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a wonderful job with these. I love them so much. I got some red ones at an antique store that I like but the red isn't the right color. Hmmmm, maybe I'll try to paint them white. Your very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The originals were way ugly! I like the little twine you put around them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!