Sunday, March 6, 2011

Guest Bath Renovation Reveal (with Ballard Knock-off Benton Etagere Shelf)

I am excited to share that our spare bathroom renovation is finally complete!  It's been a long process, one that I was beginning to really lose patience with, and that I thought would never get done.  If you remember, we started off with a rough-in bath that looked like this:



Like how we piled everything into the bathtub while we were working?



After a while, we had sheetrock.






Since this bathroom is part of our third floor renovation, which is to be deemed "The Man Cave", for once my husband was involved in picking stuff he orginarily wouldn't care much about, like flooring.  He chose a rough-cut commercial grade that had a lot of texture and, I think, personality to it.  It's irregular, full of knotholes, and...well...manly.  I wasn't impressed until we applied the stain.





I started getting excited when I saw this!  Ok, so maybe this room will turn out okay after all!

Here is the final product.  Sidenote: excuse the lighting.  I am working on my photography skills!









I got this shelf at a local antique store.  It actually wasn't for sale.  It was just being used to display items.  But I convinced them to sell it to me.  It was an ugly shade of green before.  I slapped a couple coats of black paint on it, and it was ready to go.  Here is a picture of the color it was before:





Recently, I saw this almost identical shelf in the Ballard Designs catalog.  Here is their version:

Benton Large Etagere



Their version:  $279
My version:  $60



I got these small apothecary jars at Goodwill.  (I couldn't do a project without including something from Goodwill, right?)  I couldn't believe finding all three of them in one trip.  They were each around 75 cents. 








Guest bath: finally complete!  Up next: man cave reveal!


To be continued...


I'm linkin' up to these fabulous parties:













































HOG


linkparty



Furniture Feature Fridays
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating















Stuff and Nonsense

Weekend Bloggy Reading





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!
Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming

19 comments:

  1. Love, love the etagere..makes the whole bathroom. Congrats on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great find that shelf was!! The floor looks great with that stain too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love the little apothecary jars you found. I need some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got the garage cleaned out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks amazing! so stylish and cool! the entire bathroom looks great, but that peice really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bathroom. What color paint is that on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the floor. And that shelf is amazing. I'm a new follower. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home on Monday for More The Merrier Mondays Link Party.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That looks fabulous!


    Visiting from Serenity Now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing find!! It looks great :)

    Glad to have found you from Serenity Now's link party :)

    ~meri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know my husband would be so envious of your husband's man cave! ;) Love the flooring...and that etagere is fabulous!!!

    Thanks so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am really impressed with your shelves and the jars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goooogeous! it compliments your bathroom accents so nicely! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE it!! You did such a great job. WOW on the shelves!! They look just like the Ballard ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The whole bath looks great. I have one of those shelves too. Very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this shelf-so cool-great idea and ery inspiring! I'm following-stop on over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the bathroom, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. y'all did a wonderful job...there's nothing about this bath that i don't like...the wall color is lovely...the etagere is so creative and thrifty...it's just so beautiful...thanks for sharing at fridays unfolded!

    blessings,

    alison
    stuff and nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  18. It seems to be a very long progress indeed, but as far as I can see, the fruits of your own labor paid off in the end. I commend how the bathroom looks like, because the place looks like it was professionally made.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!