Saturday, February 26, 2011

A lovely thrifty find, what to do with my Goodwill mirror...



Ain't she a beaut?  Trouble is, I'm not sure what to do with her.  I picked this mirror up at my local Goodwill store a couple of weeks ago.  I've been so busy working on the pantry, I haven't had time to figure out exactly where I wanted to put it, much less what I wanted to do to make it my own.  To be honest, I like it just the way it is.  Except for one thing:


 




It's kinda hard to capture it in a picture, but can ya see it?  That lovely veneer panel hiding behind...what is that...some sort of tinted glass?  It's unfortunate because everything else about it I love.  I really don't want to paint it.  Here is where I've decided it will live:












I just don't for the life of me know what to do with that panel.

So far, I've come up with fabric, paper, some sort of blingy sparkly jewel type stuff from the craft store, and maybe mod podging it.

I thought about sheet music, which I love.




What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful mirror and a great find. I love your pantry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a grand mirror. I like the music sheet idea. If you grow tired of it, it will be easy enough to do something else on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I like the sheet music idea or you could even use scrapbook paper, stencil it, so many possibilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about some sort of medallion centered?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! Wonder how much it would cost to get a piece of mirror cut to put in that top spot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower. I love your stuff! I think the music sheet is a great idea but doesnt really fit the room. Jill's mirror idea is great too! Maybe that would be a better spot for the "You had me at Merlot" or even something saying family gathers here...I cant wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheets of music!
    Or what Jill said - a piece of glass
    I think it would fantastic!
    Can't wait to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!