Thursday, January 27, 2011

Some Valentine Subway Art Made with the Cricut




I don't normally decorate a whole lot for Valentine's Day, but this project was too simple to pass up.  I already had the frame and mat.  Using SCAL, I designed a grouping of words and phrases that came to mind when I thought of Valentine's Day, in various fonts and sizes.  To make it even simpler, first I determined what size I would need my project to be, and chose a rectangle from the shapes box in that size.  Then, I placed all my phrases inside the rectangle.  That way, the Cricut not only cuts out the letters, but the exact size of the cardstock to fit your mat as well. 

This is what it looked like on my screen:




If you use Sure Cuts a Lot, and would like a copy of this project to import, click here


The best part of this project? It was totally free!




  What are you doing for Valentine's Day?

I'm linking up to:




Weekend Bloggy Reading

























































monogram

HOG

















Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming
Today's Creative Blog
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Visit thecsiproject.com

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating





linkparty

6 comments:

  1. Cute! I can't wait to get a Cricut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and you can't beat free! I don't have one Valentine decoration. You are making me want something, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your project turned out so cute...and free is even better! All of you girls and your vinyl projects are sure making me want to get one of these things for myself :)
    Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Amanda's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! Pretty little touches are the best for Valentine's Day. I love how easy it was for you to make. I don't have a circut but think I could make something similar with using different fonts and Valentine words or a verse and printing it off and framing it. Thanks for the great idea!

    Visiting from Amanda's party!

    Building Home with Him,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, you did a great job! I have the (old, small) Cricut, but I don't have the special software. You can really do some neat things!!! I love that you added little hearts. :)

    Thanks so much for joining my party! (And for adding my button!!) Hope you'll visit Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love for you to come link up at Inspire Me Mondays
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!