Friday, January 21, 2011

Our new addition...

Santa was good to me this year.  I mean REALLY good!  This year, I asked for something on a little grander scale than usual.  And, I didn't even feel guilty.  I mean, after all, the hubs has lots of expensive hobbies.  There's the Harley, the old Landcruiser, his water garden, not to mention his trips out west to ski and ride dirt bikes.  So when I asked for this most awesome item, which I will totally use all the time, I did NOT feel guilty. 

Want to see?

Drumroll, please.






Ta-da!!!

Isn't she lovely?  (I just got the "Isn't She Lovely" song in my head!)  She sews like a dream, and she embroiders too!


Check out the pic of what I had before:




This is my mom's old Singer.  It's an old table-mount that she removed from the table so she could lug it around with her when she needed to.  This old girl's been good to me over the years, but I'm tired of her sputtering, stalling, and dribbling old on my thread.  It will not, however, be placed in the Goodwill pile.  After all, it has sentimental value to me.  Lately, I've been teaching my children how to sew with it.  They are having a blast!  What craft goodies did you get for Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!