Friday, January 21, 2011

Make Valentine Framed Art with Goodwill Frames

As usual, the Valentine's Day merchandise popped up on store shelves the day after Christmas.  Seriously, nothing irritates me more than seeing bathing suits and heart-shaped boxes of candy before New Year's Day.  Once the holidays are over, I am usually in clean-it-out and get-rid-of-it mode.  I don't think I'm the only one, because January is a great month at Goodwill.  I mean, you can find some awesome stuff this time of year!  But I have to control myself, as I really do mean to clean stuff out, not bring stuff in.  So as I made my weekly stop there, I used a lot of restraint and only bought a few frames.  Here is a little project I knocked out yesterday while crafting at my friend Joy's house.  She got a teal cricut for Christmas, which is set up in her new gorgeous craft room.  I mean, it's so pretty I was a little afraid to actually craft in there for fear of messing it up, LOL!  So here's what I came up with:


It wasn't an original idea, I have to admit.  I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs, Tatertots and Jello.  Here is what you need for this super simple project.



  • Some pretty cardstock
  • A paper cutter, or ruler & scissors
  • Some decorative clear flat marbles
  • E6000 adhesive product
Cut out your cardstock to fit your frames, and then arrange a pattern of your choosing with the marbles and glue in place. Super simple! I just placed the glass behind the cardstock. 

This project cost me $5 total, as I already had some of the supplies on hand.  It only took about an hour to complete!

I'm linking up to


Weekend Bloggy Reading



























monogram

HOG







Photobucket
UndertheTableandDreaming
Today's Creative Blog
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Visit thecsiproject.com




11 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Popped over from Amanda's Weekend Bloggy Reading party to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Don't you love making seasonal decorations that don't cost a fortune?

    I'm visiting from Amanda's party. I'm from Virginia, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! They turned out adorable.

    Visiting from Serenity Now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, so pretty! Normally I don't really do Valentine's day decor, but this project I like! Great job.

    Stopping over from the Serenity Now party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I need to hop on board the Valentine's Day crafting train. These would make a great gift too. :) Thanks so much for linking up to my party! I hope you'll stop by Serenity Now again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun and easy!!!! I have been looking for some easy and inexpensive but pretty Valentine's decorations to add to my collection in our new home. This is a winner all around!!! I love using black frames too!

    Thanks for sharing your pretties and the tutorial!!!

    Visiting from Amanda's party!

    Building Home with Him,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yours turned out so cute!! I just found your blog and am now your newest follower. Come check me out if you get a chance.

    http://noplacelikehomecraftsdecorbyallyson.blogspot.com/

    ~Allyson~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you're good! These are just darling!! You're very creative.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love little coordinated sets like this for tabletops. Very clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

    www.youngnester.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!