Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall is in the house.



I thought I'd share some Fall projects around the house.  I just finished up redecorating my formal dining room and powder room, so the downstairs redecorating is pretty much complete.  Like I said before, it's looked the same around here since we moved in 7 years ago, so the change is refreshing! So come on in!

Here is the powder room before:



I loved my little fleur-de-lis stamps I did all over the striped walls. Gosh, this took a while! But I was over it!

And after (all decorated for Halloween):






 I used leftover fabric from my old dining room curtains to put in these frames.  These are some old Halloween costume pics I printed out in sepia.  These are Goodwill frames sprayed black. I attached the small frames to the large frames using sticky-back velcro. This way the photos can be changed out.

The walls are Portabello from Sherwin Williams, leftover from the accent wall in the family room.



I picked up this cute little etagere shelf at an antique shop.  It wasn't for sale, just to display some stuff.  And, it was an ugly army green color.  I convinced them to sell it to me, and didn't wait 5 minutes after getting home with it to spray it down with black paint.  Now I have a place to put my holiday decorations!


You like?  I am glad the green's gone!


Here are some pics of my old dining room:


You'll have to excuse me.  I was going through a toile phase.
I hated that brass chandelier since we moved in, but wiring intimidates me, so it stayed way past it's welcome.

And now, after some Rainwashed paint from Sherwin Williams:


I have loved this Pottery Barn Celeste chandelier for several years now.  I found one that looked almost identical from Overstock for much less!  {Love}




I love these silk panels, well "faux" silk panels.  Pottery Barn has the same ones listed for $100 a panel.  I got them at Walmart for $19 a panel! 





My hubby has had this wine opener for a while now.  I saw it in P.B. for $199 the other day.  I didn't like ours because the bottom was brass, and the top was silver. So, a little black spray paint over the brass did the trick.  Unfortunately, he thinks brass is just bee-u-ti-ful.  Fortunately, he is not very observant and hasn't noticed yet!
And here are a few more touches of Fall/Halloween throughout the house.


Some framed art cut out with the Cricut.



Candycorn art!




It's hard to photograph a mirror, but I cut a little haunted house, bats, spiders, and a web out of black vinyl and added it to the mirror.








I found this candle base and glass hurricane below at Goodwill.  I just glued them together and filled it up with some fall stuff.






Some pics of our apple-pickin' adventure...




How about this cute little Dollar Tree menu sign.  Check out the creepy items being offered!

I almost forgot to include my front porch topiaries.  I made them last year.  I wish I could get a good pic of them all lit up.





Happy Fall Ya'll!

Come join the party at:



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap    up           party!





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

1 comment:

  1. Um, can you come over to my house? Love, love the candycorn / burlap picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!