Friday, October 1, 2010

Knock-Off Williams Sonoma Hurricanes

So I saw these:



Williams Sonoma wants $94 for this, not including the candle. Uh, no.


So, off to Dollar Tree I went. And I found this stuff.



Actually, the candle came from Walmart.  The dollar store didn't have any big enough.  And I already had the Armour Etch, but you can buy it at Michael's for a couple of bucks.  One little container lasts a long time.

I made a stencil with vinyl using the Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot.  And then brushed on some Armour Etch.



Let it set for 20 minutes.  Then, rinse it off and remove the stencil.  Next I glued the large hurricanes onto the candlesticks using Gorilla Glue.  Insert the smaller candleholder into the larger one and place your candle inside.  I used a skewer to gently push the leaves down between the candleholders.  (Later on, these can be changed out to something different, depending on the holiday.)





I really love the Williams Sonoma ones, mostly because of the wider size, but these aren't bad.  And, the best part, they only cost 6 bucks each to make!


Serenity Now Crafty Cutter Party

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I keep buying those hurricanes - I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your version is just as great as WS! I can't believe they wanted 90+ dollars. Kudos to you for finding a way around that! You should submit this to Knock-Off decor. :)

    Thanks for linking this up with me, Amy. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!