Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last Week's CVS haul...


Sorry I'm posting this so late, but I've been busy redecorating and putting everything back together. Here goes...

First transaction:

2 Airwick spray air fresheners
1 Airwick plug-in air fresheners
2 Airwick plug-in refills
2 Goldfish snacks
1 Brach's candycorn bag
1 Nivea men's bodywash
1 Tylenol heat pack
1 energy chew pack

Coupons used:

$5 off CVS purchase here
Nivea coupon RP 7/25 or 8/29
Tylenol coupon here
Tylenol coupon here (you can use both)
Bogo Airwick spray SS 8/08
Free Airwick warmer wyb 2 refills SS 8/15
$1 off (2) Airwick refills SS 8/08, 8/15, 8/29
2 Goldfish coupons here

Minus $4.99 ECBs from last week

Total $7.30 (Paid with money left on same giftcard as last time)

Have $14.97 ECBs for next time

Second Transaction:

4 12-packs Coke products
2 Almond Joy snack packs

Coupons used:

2 coupons for Almond Joy (one that printed at the red machine, and one I got in the mail from CVS)

Paid with some of ECBs from previous transaction, bringing total down to $1.98, which I paid with money left on giftcard.(You can really make a $25 giftcard to CVS go far)

Total shelf price for all items:  $72.19
Total after coupons & ECBs: $9.28
Total out of pocket, thanks to giftcard: Nothing!
So, grand total OOP w/out giftcard would have been $9.28

And, I have $5 in ECBs to use for next week.

Wondering about this giftcard thing?
Here's how it works:

CVS will take competitor's prescription coupons. Rite aid pretty much always has a $25 giftcard when you transfer a prescription coupon out there.  You can find one here or just go to their website.  I have a prescription I have to fill every month, so each time I go I give CVS one of these coupons and they hand me back a giftcard! It's that easy! Using coupons and ECBs, you can make a $25 giftcard last all month long to pay for your transactions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!