Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Pottery Barn Knockoff...

Yeah, I have a problem hobby.  I just can't help myself. I keep stumbling across these great thrifty finds.  I know someone out there gets me.  I see lots of folks out in Bloggyland who are just like me.  Folks who, when their spouse asks them to run to the store for chicken, they end up at a thrift store. Yup. You know who you are.  So I tell myself, I'm just gonna pop in for a minute. Just to make sure there's nothin' in there I'm gonna miss if I don't go in.  After all, the color change begins on Sunday. For those of you who have no idea what this means, Goodwill tags their items with a color (red, blue, green, yellow, and orange).  Each week beginning on Sunday, a certain color is half price. All week.  (I know Goodwill will one day recognize me for all the free advertising I provide for them, and start paying me to sponsor my blog.) Maybe I'll rename my blog Goodwillgirl.com.

Oh, back to my thrifty find.  So, Pottery Barn has these for sale for $149. 

Clearly someone out there is actually paying their asking prices. Just not me.  So, I stumbled upon these beauties:

Cool, huh?  But I hate orange.  And, it doesn't go with anything in my house.

So, after a couple of coats of Rustoleum's Glossy Black Metallic paint, here's the finished product:


Boy, am I glad I stopped by.  What would I do without my giant spoon and fork?  Oh, and they were only $3 !

I'm linkin' up to:

southern hospitality

3 comments:

  1. I found a wooden set at Goodwill about a year ago. Still sitting in my garage. I have plans for them...just like all the other stuff I keep buying! I just never seem to have time! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I couldn't believe when I saw them. It's like they were callin' my name, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!