Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Telephone Table Redo...


Ever seen one of these?

Can you say fabric and spray paint?

Let's get to work.




And now for the fabric.


This looks gray in the picture. It's really a robin's egg blue.


The old fabric had almost no padding under it.  I like a cushy seat, so I was going to buy some batting.  But since I am too cheap, I used an old quilted pillow sham that we didn't need anymore, and doubled it over so it was twice as thick. Then I got out my trusty staple gun.

Done.


So simple.



I distressed the edges a little with some sand paper I found in the garage. Amazing I found my way out. Have you seen my garage?



Ta-da!











Before

After!


I am linking back to ...












Weekend Bloggy Reading

4 comments:

  1. Great redo! Love the dark color! I realized when I was looking at your blog that we live in the same city! I'm also in Mechanicsville! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! Maybe we'll have to go thrifting together, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I have one in my hallway waiting for me to re-do it, but I don't have a cushion. Maybe I should add one, because I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love my shopping! My hubby doesn't - so who knows! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!