Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Above my kitchen cabinets...

I am soooo tired of looking at the same boring stuff sitting above my kitchen cabinets collecting dust.  So lately I have been on the lookout for stuff that I might want to repurpose and put up there.  I have always loved roosters and anything French country.  Although I am tired of my red decor, I still like my little rooster items here and there.  Also, I am in love with anything monogrammed.  So here's what I came up with so far.  (This is just a little corner I have started on. I still have a ways to go.)

Before:





















I forgot to take a before pic, but this one looks exactly like it!



And after a little glossy back paint for the tray and Rustoleum's Heirloom White for the rooster:




I actually hate fake ivy up there, but that has been up there for a while, and it's all I have for now until I find something new.  Forgive me if you have fake ivy strung all over your kitchen cabinets.  Just a pet peeve. In fact, I'm taking it down now.

Total cost $3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!