Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baby Shower Favors...

My mom and I hosted a baby shower for my sister today, and I was in charge of the party favors, so I thought I'd share these project ideas. I love yellow and gray together, so I decided to go with that for the color scheme.  I also did an elephant theme, which is kind of an inside joke between my sister and me.  These were so fun to make, and once I figured out exactly how I wanted to design them, they came together pretty quickly.




Water Bottle Hangers

For this project, you will need:

A 24-pack of .5-Liter water bottles
Some pretty cardstock/scrapbooking paper
Small brads (enough for 2 for each bottle)
Single-serving Crystal Lite packets (Luckily I got a bunch of these pretty much for free with coupons recently!)
A stapler
Adhesive (I used double-sided tape, mono-adhesive, & Zig pen)
Any embellishments you might want













The wiggle eyes were my son's idea. Aren't they cute? You could also incorporate some pretty ribbon, a cute punch, or stamp if you wanted to.  I used SCAL to cut the circles and scalloped border.  You can find the scalloped border right here and the elephant over here.  I found the cardstock and these tiny little brads at Michaels.  There are no exact measurements; I just approximated.  The paper cutter I use is the one you can buy to go with your Cricut.  It's great b/c it's also a paper scorer as well. You can find it at Michael's.  This is it:



Mini Chocolate Bar Treat Bags



For this project, you will need:

Mini cello bags
Some pretty cardstock
A stapler
Adhesive
Stamp/ribbon/embellishment of your choice
Hershey's nuggets (they come in many flavors, but make sure you choose a bag that has the foil color you want- either gold or silver)

I would explain how to make these, but Robyn over at My Pink Stamper has a great video to show you how.  Warning: once you visit her blog, you will be addicted and you will definitely want to buy a Cricut machine.  She makes so many cute things. Thanks for visiting and have a great day!








Serenity Now Crafty Cutter Party

2 comments:

  1. I have a really nice blue (can't remember the brand, but it might be old ProvoCraft) paper trimmer and it came with a scorer...haven't the faintest idea what I did with it. A really nice tutorial, and great tips, Amy. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Looks like an adorable shower with a beautiful cake and cute favors!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!