Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Cricut Project Idea: Sticky Note Holder...



This is a totally simply project even for a beginner.  I purchased several clear photo frames from the dollar store. You can either get the flat ones with the magnet on the back, or the free-standing ones.  I got the free-standing ones, as that is all my dollar store had in stock.  Then I bought sticky notes in assorted colors and black pens with the clear bottom.  The ribbon and cardstock were some I already had on hand.  Just cut the cardstock to fit. Mine are 5x7 inches.  Then choose a cute font on SCAL or one you have on a Cricut Cartridge.  I cut the monogram at 3 1/3 inches, and then shadowed it in a coordinating color.  You can't see it in the picture, but I also rolled up some cardstock and inserted into the barrel of the pen so it matches.  Just attach the pen with sticky-back velcro.  Instead of a bow, I chose to put a little brad in the center of the ribbon.  I attached the sticky notepad with "Terrifically Tacky Tape" which is that red roll of double-sided craft tape you can find at Michael's.  It's way stickier than monoadhesive, and you don't want your little sticky notepad to fall off.  You can find clear plastic bags to wrap them in at Michael's or also go here.  I am making these as end-of-the-year-gifts for teachers and ballet instructors.


3 comments:

  1. I think you should also make one as a housewarming gift for your dear old neighbor!! ;o) These are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you! How are you guys doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!! Perfect gift for teacher appreciation week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!