Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Yummy Cake Recipe...



A friend emailed me for this cake recipe, and I thought rather than just sending it back, I'd post it to share. I took a cake decorating class a few years back, and the instructor recommended altering a box mix. This recipe makes a nice dense cake that is easy to decorate, doesn't crumble, yet is very moist. I have used it countless times over the years, and it always turns out great! For the icing, I recommend using the Wilton buttercream icing recipe at http://www.wilton.com/recipe/Buttercream-Icing. This is a pic of the cake I made for my daughter on her 5th birthday. The recipe is as follows:

1 box Pillsbury cake mix (says "pudding in the mix" on the front) whatever flavor you like
1 small (3.5 oz) instant pudding mix (to compliment your cake flavor)
4 eggs at room temperature (you can just put them in warm water for 10 minutes)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 tsp extract/flavoring/liqueur (any kind you want, just needs to total 2tsp, for yellow cake I use 1 tsp real vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 1/2 tsp butter flavoring)

Fill pans 2/3 full and bake @ 325-350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (This is for two 8-inch round cakes, other sizes may take longer)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!